The Indrahar pass trek starts from McLeodganj (Dharamsala) in the Kangra valley, passes over the impressive snowbound Dhauladhar range and a view of beautiful Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal mountain.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The trekking trail to Indrahar pass starts from Galu Devi temple above Dharamkot village near Dharamsala and passes through the camping ground of Triund, Ilaqua/Laka Got, and Lahesh Caves. On the other side of the pass, the camping sites include Chhata caves at 3242 metres and Kuarsi village in Chamba at 2,260 metres.
The trek starts from McLeod Ganj and continues as follows:
- McLeod Ganj main market (1750m) to Galu Devi temple at Upper Dharamkot (2100m) | 2 km | 1-2 hour walk OR a 45-minute cab ride
- Galu Devi temple (2100m) to Triund (2825m) | 2-3.5 hrs walk (mix of easy and uphill)
- Triund (2825m) to Snowline Cafe | 1-2 hour uphill walk
- Snowline Cafe to Ilaqua Got (grazing grounds) | 1 hour easy walk (mostly flat/downhill)
- Ilaqua to Lahesh cave (3300 m) 2-3 hours.
- Lahesh Cave to Indrahar Pass (4300m) | 2–6 hours of steep climb
Day 01 Pathankot & Dharamsala
Arriving in Pathankot early morning, we then transfer by coach to Dharamsala – the spiritual home of his Holiness the Dalai Lama. There we will be some free time today to explore this fascinating town, before we meet later in the evening for dinner and a briefing for the start of our Trek tomorrow.
Day 02 : Mcleod ganj – Triund (2975m) 9Km
The track goes through mixed forest of oak, rhododendron and deodar trees. First 2km is a steed ascent but there is agradual ascent after Galu Devi temple. The last 1 km ia again a steep ascent through the forest. Triund is a flat meadow on top of a ridge. From here panoramic view of Dhauladhar range on one side and Kangra valley on the other is a memorable sight. Night stay in tents.
Day 03 : Triund – Lahes Cave (3700m)…7km
This is an acclimatization day. After a short ascent from Triund traverse a ridge to reach Laka Got – a temporary shephard camp. Laka Got is situated at the snout of a small glacier , which is full of snow and ice in early summer and the snow melts away during the monsoon. From Laka Got it is a steep ascent for 2 km over a rocky ridge to reach Lahes cave. Night stay inthe cave or comp at Laka Got.
Day 04 : Lahes cave – Inderhara pass (4300m) – Laka Got
Start early in the morning, the waether gets bad in the afternoon. Inthe early summer (April to May) the trail is full of snow and ice and reqiure good equipment. During post mansoon (September to November) there is no snow or ice and there is narrow trail going uo to the pass. Il takes about three hours to the pass and another three hours to come down. From the pass entire Pir Panjal range of central Himalayas is a sidht to behold. Back to Laka Got For Panjal range of central Himalayas is a sight to behold. Back to Laka Got for night stay.
Day 05 : Laka Got – Mcleodganj ….. 15km
Follow the same route on the way back or a different one from Triund going over a grassy meadow and desecend down to Bhagsu Nag and then to Mcleodganj.Over night in Hotel
Day 06 – Dharamsala – Pathankot
We have a free morning to further explore this magical town – why not visit the Tibetan market or take a visit to one of the majestic monasteries. In the afternoon, we take the transfer back to Pathankot train station to catch the overnight sleeper train back to Delhi.
The above costs will include services as under:
- 2 nights at Hotel Mcleod ganj with Breakfast & Lunch and Dinner.
- 3 nights at tent at Triund with Breakfast & Lunch and Dinner.
- Private surface transportation pick up drop Pathankot train station
- All trekking equipment including tent on twin sharing, sleeping bags, sleeping mats,
- Guide, cook, helper, porters to carry the camping gear.
The above cost will not include services as under:
- Expense of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone bill and tips etc.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing