The Indrahar pass trek starts from McLeodganj (Dharamsala) in the Kangra valley, passes over the impressive snowbound Dhauladhar range and a view of beautiful Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal mountain.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Bask at the magnificent sight of the Dhauladhar ranges from a height of 14,245 ft.
- Capture some fascinating pictures of the rustic Lahesh Caves on your way to Indrahar Pass
- Rest aside the panoramic views of Dhauladhar and other Himalayan peaks on this astounding Indrahar Pass trek
- Witness the fascinating Himalayan peaks that are the add-ons of this astounding Indrahar Pass trek
- Undertake the fascinating Indrahar Pass Trek with an experienced and friendly guide
Indrahar Pass is one of the most beautiful and popular treks in Dhauladhar mountain range of outer Himalayas. The climb to the pass is most difficult but once you reach the top of the pass you have the most amazing view of the high Himalayan peaks of Pir Panjal range of central Himalayas on one side and the vast Kangra valley on the other. During pre monsoon period (April to June) the trail to the pass is under deep compact snow and ice. During post-monsoon there is now snow on the trail and one has to negotiate narrow-rocky trail to reach the pass. After the pass the trail leads down into Chamba valley and one of the most remote tribal village of Kuwarsi in Chamba valley.
Time : 9:30 am
Day 01:- Bhagsu Nag - Triund (2875 M) 10 kms
We start our trek from Bhagsu Nag village. It is steep ascent through mixed forest of oak, rhododendron and deodar trees to Triund. Triund is an alpine meadow situated atop a ridge from where you have close view of the peaks of Dhauladhar on one side and Mcleod Ganj and Dharamsala town on the other. Overnight stay in tents.
Time : 8:30 am
Day 02: Triund - Snow Line- Laka Got (3300 M) 7 kms
This short stage is included in order to get acclimatised to the steep increase in the altitude. This day in the middle of the trek we take you for a side walk for spectacular view. Laka got is situated at the snout of a small glacier which is full of snow from April to Mid June and the glacier recedes back during post monsoon period. Overnight stay in tents at Lake got.
Time : 7:00 am
Day 03: Laka Got- Indrahar Pass (4350M)- Laka Got
Leave after early breakfast. It is steep ascent for about 4 to 5 hours over a narrow rocky trail to the pass. In early summer from April to June we have to negotiate snow patches on the way to the pass and one has to walk over soft snow and ice while ascending to the pass. Indrahar pass offers beautiful views of the snowy peaks of the Pir Panjal range of the Central Himalayas on one side and Kangra valley on the other side. Spend some time at the pass looking at the sharp edge high peaks of Central Himalayas and then start walking down to the camp at Laka Got. It takes three hours to walk back to the camp.
Time : 8:30 am
Day 04: Laka Got - Triund - Bhagsunag
After breakfast at camp start walking down to Triund from where we take a different route via Leta village. We end up our trek near the waterfall in Bhagsu village. Unpack you lunch in the river near the waterfall . From the fall it is another 20 minutes walk to the road head in Bhagsu Village.
The above costs will include services as under:
- 2 nights at Hotel Mcleod ganj with Breakfast & Lunch and Dinner.
- 3 nights at tent at Triund with Breakfast & Lunch and Dinner.
- Private surface transportation pick up drop Pathankot train station
- All trekking equipment including tent on twin sharing, sleeping bags, sleeping mats,
- Guide, cook, helper, porters to carry the camping gear.
The above cost will not include services as under:
- Expense of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone bill and tips etc.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing