Triund Trek is a serene and alluring trekking destination. It is situated in lap of Dhauladhar Range. It is 18 KMs from Dharamshala. Get a chance to witness the many small hamlets and stream through the trek to Triund. Triund trek is a easy trek, popular among adventure enthusiasts of all ages.
The Triund trek route is exhilarating and super thrilling. The amazing views from the top at different times of the day. Be it dusk, moonrise, and dawn – highlight the unique charming beauty of Triund.
Triund trek in Mcleodganj comprises of well-defined trails through the lush forests. So, there need not be any hassle about how to reach Triund or getting lost in the way.
With breathtaking views of the Kangra valley and the snow-covered Dhauladhar ranges. It is also very picturesque.
Triund is for those seeking a hassle-free taste of trekking in the Himalayas. The trek can easily be done over a weekend. Feast your eyes at the majestic view of the Dhauladhar ranges on one side and Kangra valley on the other. Enjoy camping at a high summit and the clear night sky under the billions of stars.
The trail to Triund is short but steep. The steep climb is well-compensated by refreshing walks amongst rhododendron and oak trees. You can also hear various songbirds in the forests along the trail which make it a birdwatcher’s delight.
Considering it’s an easy trek near Dharamshala or Mcleodganj. Come and enjoy the serenity of the place and can get crowded on top during the weekends or holiday season. It is better to experience the beauty of this trek during the weekdays.
- Start/End Point: Manu Adventures India office Bhagsu Nag
- Start/End Time: 09:30 AM (Day 01) and 12:00 PM (Day 02)
- Camp Location: Leta Village
Triund Trek Highlights
- Referred to as heart or crown of Dharamshala and Mcleod Ganj, Triund trek is one of the most popular & splendorous treks in the Himalayas, situated at an altitude of 7700 feet
- Night camping at the top of Triund under the starry sky will be the best experience one can ever have
- Trek through the highest waterfall of McLeod Ganj, the Bhagsu nag waterfall
- Triund is a gorgeous grassy alpine meadow situated at the top of the hill from where one can witness the breathtaking view of majestic Dhauladhar ranges and panoramic view of Kangra valley
- Revel the camping at a high summit of Leta village below the billions of stars