- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Minkiani Pass is the ideal trek to give an adventurous touch to your life. It is regarded as twin of another famous Indrahar Pass in the region of Dhauldhar. It is also also held sacred by locals living on either side of this range, Kangra and Chamba Valleys, these snow-fed lakes is Shrine Lake in the laps of Dhauladhar range. Minkiani Pass trek provides splendid views of majestic peaks like Sickle moon and Brammah falling in Kasmir. This trek is perfect blend of beauty and adventure.
Day 01: Dharamshala
Arriving in Dharamsala – the spiritual home of his Holiness the Dalai Lama. There we will be some free time today to explore this fascinating town, before we meet later in the evening for dinner and a briefing for the start of our Adventures trek.
Day 2: Mcleod ganj to Kareri – (2,000 m 13 Km )
We will meet up at our office in Bhagsu nag and then we drive up to Satobari Village via cab and it takes around 20-25 mins to reach there. The trek starts from forest guest house in Satobari which is also the highest roadhead in Kareri Village. The trail to Kareri Village if of 11 km where we cross the local village, the pine forest, iron bridges, beautiful streams and some landslide are before we reach the beautiful campsite located near the river. Overnight stay in camps.
Day 3: Kareri to Kareri lake- (2934m 13 Km )
The next day's trek is of 13 km from Kareri village to Kareri lake. The trek goes steeply up to Kali Mandir and leads us to the popular attraction of the entire trek that is the Kareri Lake at 3100m above sea level. The lake is fed by the melting snow of the Dhauladhar Range and remains frozen from early December to March-April which serves as the main attraction. There is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Shakti on a hilltop overlooking the lake. The views here are simply stunning!
Overnight stay in tents.
Day 4: Kareri Lake via Minkiani Pass to Kareri Lake
After breakfast we start our trek to Minkiani got taking you to the summit of Minkiani Pass at an altitude of around 14000 ft. It takes roughly 5 km to reach the pass. The views of the surrounding mountains will definitely be amazing from the top .We spend some time have lunch and then trek back to Kareri lake.
Overnight in camps.
Day 5: Kareri Lake to Kareri Village- Mcleod ganj
After an early breakfast we start our trek as its going to be a long trek today. We walk back the same route and on reaching Kareri Village we board our cabs back to Mcleod Ganj. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 6: Mcleod Ganj to our Destination
Today we have a relaxed breakfast and then we have time to go shopping and explore the bustling market and enjoy lunch at the line up cafes before boarding a bus back to destination.
End of services.
- 02 Night stay in Dharamsala with all meal.
- Private surface transportation as per the itinerary including toll, tax, parking and driver’s TA / Da.
- Necessary railway station transfers.
- For Trekking: Complete Trekking arrangements with English speaking guide, porters/ponies to carry your baggage (10 kg each), Tent for sleeping with mattresses, kitchen tent & utensils, toilet tent and All Meals during trek(Chinese, Indian & continental).
- Trekking permit, camping & wildlife fees & Current government taxes.
- Tips to trekking staff.
- Air Fare, & Travel insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature like drinks, mineral water, telephone & Laundry etc.
- Personal equipment for trek.
- Expenses due to bad weather, Land Slide, Road block and any other natural reason beyond our control.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing